In case you’re in search of the most effective Almond Flour Cookies ever, look no additional. Not like the dry, crumbly almond flour cookies you’ll have had up to now, this straightforward and wholesome cookie recipe is irresistibly smooth, chewy, and studded with chocolate in each chew.
There are some things I search for in a terrific cookie recipe.
- First, the cookie should fulfill the entire apparent cookie necessities: calmly crisp on the edges, near-molten within the center, and nuanced with totally different ranges of taste like vanilla and chocolate.
And on the identical time, the cookie recipe should:
- Nail the less-immediate although not-to-be-ignored qualities like: Made with wholesome substances, combined in a single bowl, and requires no dough refrigeration.
At this time’s straightforward almond cookie recipe ticks all of the packing containers (and extra).
5 Star Evaluation
“THE BEST LOW CARB COOKIES I’VE EVER MADE!!! I’m going to make a minimum of one other three batches!”
— Anna —
Why That is the BEST Almond Flour Cookie Recipe
Belief me, I’ve had my fair proportion of boring, dry, and crumbly almond flour cookies. These wholesome almond flour cookies are not that.
Not like different almond flour cookie recipes you might need tried, this recipe:
- Has been fastidiously formulated to yield smooth and chewy chocolate chip cookies made with almond flour.
- Is of course gluten free (however doesn’t style gluten free, if you understand what I imply—the identical is true of my Gluten Free Carrot Cake).
- From begin to end is prepared in half-hour. Excellent for once you need cookies and wish them now.
- Versatile! This recipe can simply be tailored to swimsuit a variety of diets. I’ve included tricks to make these vegan almond flour cookies within the FAQ part, and readers have additionally reported making easy tweaks to create keto almond flour cookies from this recipe too!
In the end, that is the one almond flour cookie with chocolate chips you’ll ever want (or need)!
The best way to Make Almond Flour Cookies
Seize a bowl, seize your bag of almond flour, and get baking.
Very quickly in any respect, you’ll be munching on one (or seven) of the most effective almond flour cookies you’ve ever had.
- Almond Flour. What does almond flour do to cookies? It offers them a moist and chewy texture, gives intense taste, and provides dietary advantages (as in these Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies). Almond flour is wealthy in fiber, calcium, vitamin E, and different vitamins, making it a wholesome alternative. It’s naturally gluten-free and grain-free. You could find it at most grocery shops or on-line right here.
- Coconut Sugar. Comparable in taste to brown sugar, coconut sugar is much less refined, and your physique absorbs it extra slowly, which means it results in fewer blood sugar spikes. Coconut sugar is similar factor as coconut palm sugar and is offered at most main grocery shops and on-line right here.
- Almond Butter. A wholesome solution to make the cookies wealthy and satisfying! I like the double-almond whammy of almond flour mixed with almond butter.
- Chocolate Chips. I really like a pleasant darkish chocolate right here (and in my favourite Wholesome Chocolate Chip Cookies). Chocolate chips are best, however if you happen to don’t thoughts a little bit of chopping, a chopped good-quality darkish chocolate bar could be dreamy.
- Flaky Sea Salt. The ultimate somethin’ somethin’ that makes these almond flour cookies actually pop. I discovered the cookies tasted a bit flat with out the salt, so if you happen to plan not to prime the cookies with salt, it’s possible you’ll wish to add an additional pinch or two to your batter.
- Beat the moist substances collectively.
- Sprinkle the dry substances over the combination. Beat slowly till mixed. Fold within the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into balls and switch them to a parchment-lined baking pan.
- Flatten the tops of every cookie and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake almond flour cookies at 350 levels F for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool fully on a wire rack, then ENJOY!
Watch your cook dinner time and take care to not overbake the cookies.
Be at liberty to vary up these cookies by including or swapping the mix-ins. Listed here are a few of my favourite concepts:
- Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies. Swap the almond butter for peanut butter and use peanut butter chips as a substitute of (or along with) the chocolate chips.
- Crunchy Almond Flour Cookies. Omit the chocolate chips and use 1/4 cup chopped nuts as a substitute.
- Funfetti Almond Flour Cookies. Omit the chocolate chips. Whereas your cookies are cooling on the baking sheet, prime them with sprinkles.
- Cinnamon Almond Flour Cookies. Omit the chocolate chips and add 1 teaspoon cinnamon. For an almond flour snickerdoodle impact, roll your cookie dough balls in cinnamon sugar simply earlier than baking.
- Thumbprint Cookies with Almond Flour. Omit the chocolate chips. Then, instantly after eradicating them from the oven, make a small indent within the middle of every cookie, and fill them with melted chocolate, caramel, or your favourite fruit jam.
- To Retailer. Leftover gluten-free cookies might be saved at room temperature for as much as 4 days.
- To Freeze. Freeze cookies in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container or ziptop bag for as much as 3 months. To reheat from frozen, bake in a 350 diploma F oven (don’t thaw them first) for five minutes, or till warmed by means of.
Meal Prep Tip
To Freeze Unbaked Cookies. Portion the dough into balls and prepare on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place the sheet within the freezer till the dough is agency, then switch to an hermetic container or freezer-grade ziptop bag and freeze for as much as 3 months.
Extra Gluten Free Treats
Get pleasure from these wholesome almond flour cookies alone, or pair them with one (or extra) of those tasty gluten-free treats.
The Greatest Stand Mixer
With quite a few speeds and attachment choices, this stand mixer can do all of it. Plus, it is available in so many enjoyable colours!
In case you do that almond flour chocolate chip cookies, please let me know what you suppose within the feedback part under.
I really like listening to your suggestions; I hope you get pleasure from them as a lot as we do!
Steadily Requested Questions
Sure, you may make these almond flour cookies vegan. Swap the butter for two tablespoons of a vegan buttery substitute (room-temperature coconut oil would additionally work, although I favor the flavour of butter for cookies). Swap the egg for a flax egg (to make the flax egg, stir 1 tablespoon of floor flaxseed meal along with 3 tablespoons of water; let sit for five minutes to gel, then use within the recipe as directed). Ensure your chocolate is dairy-free.
Making an attempt to make these almond flour with no sugar and almond flour cookies with honey or maple syrup didn’t yield good outcomes. The cookies tasted dry or the batter was too runny. I discover that coconut sugar is the best-performing and most pure choice. (In case you’re in search of one other approach to make use of your coconut sugar, attempt these Peanut Butter Banana Cookies.)
I personally haven’t made almond flour cookies keto, however if in case you have a low-carb sweetener (like monk fruit sweetener or erythritol) you’ve gotten swapped for brown sugar or coconut sugar with success in different recipes, you’re welcome to experiment.
Almond flour can not be substituted for all-purpose flour or vice versa. The 2 have fully distinctive properties that affect their efficiency in baking, together with their weight, the way in which they rise and bind with different substances, their fats and protein content material, and extra. Almond flour is offered at most main grocery shops and on-line right here.
The suitable substitution for almond flour is one other floor tree nut flour, corresponding to hazelnut flour or cashew nut flour.
In case you’re enthusiastic about baking extra with almond flour, don’t miss any of my tasty almond flour recipes.
No, coconut flour shouldn’t be substitution for almond flour, as it is vitally dry, whereas almond flour is moist, so your cookies will come out VERY dry. Solely use coconut flour for recipes developed particularly for it, like Coconut Flour Cookies. The suitable substitution for almond flour is one other floor tree nut flour, corresponding to hazelnut flour or cashew nut flour.
Sometimes, almond flour cookies crumble due to a measuring error; weigh your flour to make certain you’re utilizing the right amount. Moreover, it’s vital to let the cookies cool fully and set earlier than eradicating them from the baking sheet.
In case your almond flour cookies are falling flat, it’s probably as a result of your oven wasn’t on the appropriate temperature. In case your oven is simply too sizzling or too chilly, it might trigger the cookies to fall throughout baking. Your baking soda may additionally have expired. To check if it’s lively, add just a few drops of acid, corresponding to lemon juice or vinegar. If it fizzes, it’s nonetheless good.
As with all form of baking, follow makes excellent. In case you’re new to baking with almond flour, you’ll be able to anticipate a little bit of a studying curve because it behaves in another way than common flour in baking. Resist the urge to change a recipe the primary few occasions you make it till you’re snug with the outcomes.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature (to make vegan, use vegan butter or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or gentle or darkish brown sugar
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 massive egg at room temperature (to make vegan, use a flax egg)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups almond flour sifted if lumpy
- 1/2 cup semisweet or darkish chocolate chips dairy free if wanted
- Flaky sea salt, corresponding to Maldon or fleur de sel non-compulsory
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a big mixing bowl, beat the butter, coconut sugar, almond butter, egg, and vanilla extract on medium-high pace, till easily mixed.
Sprinkle the baking soda and salt evenly excessive, then sprinkle within the almond flour. With the mixer on low pace, beat till the combination is effectively mixed. By hand, fold within the chocolate chips.
With a cookie scoop or spoon, portion the dough by 2 tablespoonfuls and roll into balls (every ball might be about 2 inches in diameter). Organize on the baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between every.
Along with your fingers, calmly flatten the tops of the cookies. Sprinkle with salt, if utilizing.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or till the perimeters are simply starting to brown. The cookies will really feel dry on the highest and edges however barely molten and underbaked beneath the floor when touched. Place the sheet on a cooling rack. Permit the cookies to chill on the sheet for five minutes, then switch them to the cooling rack and allow them to end cooling for so long as you’ll be able to stand the suspense.
- TO STORE: Leftover cookies might be saved at room temperature for as much as 4 days.
- TO FREEZE: Freeze cookies in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container or ziptop bag for as much as 3 months. To reheat from frozen, bake in a 350 diploma F oven (don’t thaw them first) for five minutes, or till warmed by means of.
- TO FREEZE UNBAKED COOKIES: Portion the dough into balls and prepare on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place the sheet within the freezer till the dough is agency, then switch to an hermetic container or freezer-grade ziptop bag and freeze for as much as 3 months.
- TO MAKE VEGAN: See the steps listed within the FAQ part above.
- Tailored from Love and Lemons Each Day
Serving: 1cookieEnergy: 226kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 6gFats: 17gSaturated Fats: 4gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 0.1gLdl cholesterol: 21mgPotassium: 88mgFiber: 3gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 85IUCalcium: 65mgIron: 1mg
Be a part of in the present day and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite recipes and entry FREE meal plans.