Inside: Get a straightforward 4-ingredient recipe for Roasted Carrots With Thyme. This straightforward facet dish is a success with my children!
My children already favored carrots: uncooked, roasted, sautéed.
However including thyme reworked them into one thing model new.
I received the thyme tip from my sister-in-law, who mentioned one thing alongside the traces of, “Belief me, it makes an enormous distinction.”
She was proper! These carrots have now turn into a favourite facet dish for our household, and my 14 12 months outdated recurrently helps himself to seconds.
Elements for Roasted Carrots With Thyme
- Carrots: You can use child carrots, however I desire bigger carrots for this facet dish. Slice them at an angle for a fairly look.
- Olive oil
- Salt: I like kosher salt for this recipe, as a result of it has greater, coarser granules. However be happy to make use of common desk salt.
- Thyme: I take advantage of dried, which I at all times have readily available. You may substitute recent, you’ll simply wish to use extra (3 teaspoons recent versus 1 teaspoon dried).
Methods to Make Roasted Carrots With Thyme
Peel and slice carrots at an angle, I lower them about 1/4-inch thick. I take advantage of roughly three cups of sliced carrots for this facet dish.
Place on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, salt, and thyme. You can toss them in a bowl with the oil and seasonings first, however why soiled an additional dish?
Unfold out the carrots on the baking sheet in a single layer, ensuring they’re not overlapping. They’ll roast extra evenly that approach. Overlapping veggies can find yourself steaming and never cooking effectively.
Roast for 20-25 minutes, giving them a stir midway by means of. We like them delicate however nonetheless a tiny bit agency. Should you desire them very delicate and browner, hold roasting (and peek at them recurrently so that they don’t burn).
Questions About Roasted Carrots with Thyme
Can I take advantage of child carrots?
Sure, although you could must roast them longer to get a delicate texture if you happen to prepare dinner them complete. You can additionally slice child carrots in half lengthwise earlier than cooking, which might look good.
Can I take advantage of recent thyme as an alternative?
Sure! You’ll wish to use extra: about three teaspoons recent as an alternative of 1 teaspoon dried.
What does thyme style like?
It’s been described as earthy, minty, and barely candy. If it’s an unfamiliar taste to your children, use much less thyme than the recipe requires the primary time you make them.
Why are carrots good for youths?
Carrots are wealthy in vitamin A, which performs an element in imaginative and prescient and the immune system. The pigment that makes them orange can be a disease-fighting compound.
What can I serve with roasted carrots?
Roasted carrots with thyme makes an ideal facet dish for absolutely anything. We eat them as a facet for pork chops, rooster, and burgers, however they might additionally look fairly on a Thanksgiving desk.
What are different good veggie recipes for youths?
- 3 cups peeled carrots, lower at an angle
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 levels F.
- Peel and lower carrots at an angle, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Place on baking sheet and toss with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and thyme and toss once more. Unfold out carrots in a single layer on baking sheet, ensuring they do not overlap.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring midway and eradicating carrots after they’re barely browned and tender however nonetheless agency (roast longer if you would like them softer).
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate applications, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Dimension: 1
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 62Whole Fats: 2gSaturated Fats: 0gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 2gLdl cholesterol: 0mgSodium: 332mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g