Of all of the methods to cook dinner a potato, I by no means thought a easy baked potato could be the tactic that moved me to make use of the phrase “transcendent.” But right here we’re: Air Fryer Baked Potato. Shatteringly crisp on the skin and fabulously fluffy inside, the air fryer is palms down the easiest way to bake a spud I’ve encountered.
I don’t dislike baked potatoes, per se (I do have a pulse).
That’s, till I attempted baking a potato in my air fryer.
- The pores and skin turns into devastatingly darkish, shiny, and crisp.
- The within steams right into a downy pillow, primed for fluffing.
- I used to be so happy with the air fryer potato’s texture, I used to be blissful to maintain the potato toppings gentle (although, in fact, you may take a be aware from this loaded Crockpot Potato Soup and gussy ‘em up as you want).
5 Star Assessment
“These potatoes had been fabulous! It isn’t that a lot quicker than cooking them within the oven – however they’re so significantly better!”
— Stacy —
The air fryer itself additionally provides its personal advantages (therefore, my intensive assortment of air fryer recipes).
- The air fryer retains the warmth in your kitchen to a minimal as a result of it bakes the potato in a tidy house.
- Your common oven stays free to make use of for different endeavors.
- Whereas the prep time is roughly the identical, the air fryer is often faster than the common oven on the subject of cooking.
- Much less oil is required to create that craveable, crispy pores and skin exterior, making the air fryer a wholesome cooking possibility for potatoes.
The right way to Make Air Fryer Baked Potato Recipe
Solely just a little oil and a pinch of salt are wanted to create a slam-dunk baked potato that’s match to serve alongside your favourite Air Fryer Steak recipe.
How lengthy to cook dinner a baked potato within the air fryer will range primarily based in your air fryer mannequin and the scale of the potato.
- Small to Medium Potato (8 to 12 ounces): Air fry for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Giant Potato (12 ounces or extra): Air fry for 45 to 55 minutes.
I examined this recipe as Ninja air fryer baked potatoes (that is my air fryer mannequin).
Relying in your mannequin, you might want to regulate the cooking time. When unsure, verify early. You’ll be able to at all times cook dinner for longer, however an overcooked potato can’t be undone.
- Russet Potato. Fluffy, starchy, and beloved. Potatoes get a nasty wrap within the vitamin division, however that’s usually as a result of cooking methodology (ahem, fried potatoes) or amongst diets that favor to keep away from carbohydrates. Nonetheless, potatoes are literally filled with nutritional vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants.
- Olive Oil. Rubbing olive oil onto the skin of the potato helps the pores and skin crisp up.
- Salt. Provides texture and taste to the potato pores and skin.
- Scrub and dry the potatoes, then coat them with oil and salt. Prick holes throughout with a fork. Place in air fryer basket.
- Air fry baked potatoes in a single layer for 25 minutes at 400 levels F. Flip the potatoes.
- Air fry for 10 to 25 extra minutes till fork tender. Switch to a plate.
- Lower and open the potatoes, add toppings, and DIG IN!
Methods to Use an Air Fryer Baked Potato
Except for the apparent (serving it as a aspect dish), there are numerous methods to get pleasure from air fryer baked potatoes. Listed below are just a few of my favourite concepts:
- To Retailer. Refrigerate leftover baked potatoes in an hermetic container for as much as 4 days.
- To Reheat. Rewarm leftovers in a baking dish within the oven at 350 levels F or within the microwave.
- To Freeze. Freeze air fryer potatoes in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Meal Prep Tip
As much as 1 day upfront, scrub and dry the potatoes.
Really helpful Instruments to Make this Recipe
- Air Fryer. Good for making air fryer baked potatoes.
- Tongs. My alternative for flipping the potatoes.
- Measuring Spoons. These double-sided spoons are so good.
The Finest Air Fryer
Regardless of which air fryer recipes you wish to make, this mannequin will do the trick. It has extra room than commonplace air fryers too!
Steakhouse baked potato, schmeakhouse.
We’ve received the perfect baked potato recipe proper right here!
Regularly Requested Questions
No. Not like Crockpot Baked Potatoes, wrapping the potatoes in foil within the air fryer isn’t wanted.
Sure. Whereas the chance of a potato exploding within the air fryer may be very low, it doesn’t damage to poke holes in it previous to air frying. This may permit the steam to flee.
Sure, I believe these could be scrumptious air fryer twice baked potatoes. When you’ve completed the recipe as directed, scoop out the insides and blend with butter, milk (or heavy cream), salt, and pepper. Divide the whipped potatoes between the skins. Air fry for about 4 minutes, then add cheese and cook dinner for 1 to 2 minutes extra. (You’ll want to take a look at my Twice Baked Candy Potatoes too.)
Many sorts of oils can be utilized in an air fryer for baked potatoes. Olive oil is my go-to for this recipe (and air fryer recipes at 400 levels or much less). In any other case, oils with a excessive smoke level, reminiscent of canola oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, and even cooking spray, are very best.
- 2 massive or 4 small russet potatoes as many as will slot in your air fryer in a single layer
- 1 1/2 tablespoons additional virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Toppings of alternative: butter, nonfat plain Greek yogurt (or bitter cream), chopped recent chives, cooked and crumbled bacon*
- *Use my straightforward recipes for Air Fryer Bacon or Oven Baked Bacon.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate baked potatoes in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- TO REHEAT: Rewarm leftovers in a baking dish within the oven at 350 levels F or within the microwave.
- TO FREEZE: Freeze potatoes in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Serving: 1(of three)Energy: 256kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 5gFats: 7gSaturated Fats: 1gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 5gPotassium: 1026mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 2IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 32mgIron: 2mg
Be a part of right now and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.