I don’t know who wants to listen to this, however at any time when life presents you with the choice, ALWAYS improve to the Candy Potato Fries. Thanks to at least one little trick, these wholesome oven-baked candy potato fries could be a nightly improve to your menu.
When they’re crunchy outdoors and tender inside, candy potato fries are close to the highest of my all-time favourite consolation meals (together with Roasted Candy Potatoes).
I particularly adore these baked candy potato fries as a result of they’re wholesome, straightforward, and could be paired with nearly any primary dish.
Like these Do-it-yourself Fries, they’re:
- Magically crispy on the surface and completely seasoned.
- Each bit pretty much as good as restaurant-style candy potato fries.
- Much less messy, simpler, and better-for-you than deep fried candy potato fries.
I don’t learn about you, however by the point I’ve completed chopping candy potatoes into sticks, I don’t have a lot further vitality left to complete getting ready them.
I need to pop them into the oven at 400 levels F and name it a day.
That’s this recipe: easy-peasy!
5 Star Assessment
“We made this recipe for the second time tonight! The egg white trick actually does assist to crisp them up.”
— Angie —
Secrets and techniques to Crispy Candy Potato Fries
To make sure your candy potato fries are crispy and not soggy, comply with the following tips.
- Egg White. Crushed egg white transforms within the oven and makes for amazingly crispy candy potato fries! I realized this trick from Run Quick, Eat Gradual.
- Lower the Fries Thinly and Uniformly. Extra particulars are beneath in “Find out how to Lower Candy Potato Fries.” You need the fries to be skinny. It takes some persistence, however the skinny slices will assist them crisp and style like true fries, versus Candy Potato Wedges. Wedges are delish, however not what we’re going for right here.
- Don’t Skimp on the Oil. Whereas it’s tempting to chop out the oil to save lots of a couple of energy, you want it for the candy potatoes to roast correctly with out burning.
- Roast at 400 levels F. After testing a couple of totally different oven temperatures, I discovered 400 levels F to be the candy spot for making fries that crisped properly with out burning.
Whereas coating candy potato fries with cornstarch or panko breadcrumbs are two standard strategies for crispy fries, I don’t suppose they’re the very best.
- Cornstarch. That is the most typical methodology I’ve seen for making crispy fries. I’m simply not into it. Cornstarch is messy. The fries by no means appear to coat evenly. It really works (type of) however not nicely sufficient to be well worth the effort.
- Panko. I desire it for greens which are naturally comfortable and have a excessive water content material like Zucchini Fries. It’s not vital for starchy greens like potatoes and candy potatoes, which have the potential to crisp on their very own.
Find out how to Make Candy Potato Fries from Scratch
Good candy potato fries (even Grilled Candy Potato Fries) ought to be calmly crunchy and provides strategy to a young roasted inside.
If you happen to’re searching for a baked candy potato fries recipe that’s higher for you than a restaurant however doesn’t skimp on taste, look no additional.
- Candy Potato. A vibrant orange dream machine! Reasonably than the considerably clean canvas that white potatoes create, candy potatoes are barely candy and richly flavored all on their very own. Plus, they’re filled with nutritional vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. (Love candy potatoes? Don’t miss my crispy Candy Potato Hash Browns.)
- Egg Whites + Olive Oil. Our straightforward, secret duo of elements that works collectively to make the BEST crispy candy potato fries each time.
- Seasonings. I used a mix of curry powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. It was the perfect combine of warmth and candy.
- Whisk the egg whites till foamy.
- Lower the candy potatoes into fries. Then, add them to the egg whites with the oil.
- Stir the spices collectively.
- Add the spices to the fries, and toss in a big bowl. Place the fries on the parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Bake candy potato fries for 20 minutes at 400 levels F. Flip the fries.
- Bake for one more 10 to fifteen minutes, till calmly browned and crispy.
Each oven is totally different. Control your fries for the ultimate jiffy of cooking. Pull them sooner if they begin getting too darkish, or prolong the cooking time in the event that they’re not fairly crispy but.
- End with added spices or toppings and ENJOY!
You need to use this methodology for oven-roasted candy potato fries with any of your favourite spice combos. Listed here are a couple of to strive:
- Curry. My go-to and the model you’ll see on this candy potato fries recipe. Curry’s heat is scrumptious paired with the pure sweetness of candy potatoes.
- Chipotle. Swap in 1/2 teaspoon of floor chipotle chile powder for the curry powder and cayenne pepper referred to as for on this recipe. Smoky and so addictive.
- Spicy. Flip issues up a notch by rising the quantity of cayenne pepper to 1/4 teaspoon. A little bit paprika is a pleasant contact too.
- Italian. Omit the curry powder and cayenne pepper, and use 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning as a substitute. High the completed fries with a little bit freshly grated Parmesan (like these Parsnip Fries) for a scrumptious remaining contact.
- Traditional. Easy salt and black pepper make a wonderful, at all times satisfying on a regular basis choice. A splash of onion powder is a pleasant conventional seasoning alternative too.
Candy Potato Sauces
As a result of what you dip with candy potato fries is half of the enjoyable! Listed here are some concepts:
- To Retailer. Refrigerate leftover fries in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- To Reheat. Rewarm fries on a baking sheet within the oven at 350 levels F till sizzling.
- To Freeze. Lay the fries in a single layer on a baking sheet, and freeze till strong. Switch the fries to an hermetic freezer-safe storage container, and freeze for as much as 3 months. Reheat from frozen.
Advisable Instruments to Make this Recipe
The Finest Chef’s Knife
This high-quality chef’s knife will make a world of distinction in your meal prep.
When these wholesome candy potato fries are on the menu, you received’t need to share with a good friend. When you style simply how unbelievable they’re, you’ll be glad to have your individual serving!
If you happen to love candy potatoes, remember to try the stellar recipes for Stuffed Candy Potatoes (5-Methods!) from The Nicely Plated Cookbook.
Steadily Requested Questions
Do-it-yourself baked candy potato french fries are wholesome, even with the oil added for roasting. In contrast to the candy potato fries in a restaurant (that are deep fried in oil, typically greater than as soon as), these fries have a reasonable quantity of fats, and that fats is heart-healthy olive oil.
Whereas there’s no soaking required on this recipe, you will note different candy potato fry recipes that have you ever soak the lower fries in chilly water earlier than cooking. This step helps take away the starch from the candy potatoes, in order that they crisp properly within the oven. Whereas efficient, it provides prep time to the recipe that isn’t vital in the event you use my egg white trick.
- 1 egg white use 1 further tablespoon oil in the event you desire the fries vegan
- 2 kilos 2 massive or 3 medium candy potatoes scrubbed and dried, peels on
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt plus further to style
- 1/4 teaspoon floor black pepper
- 1 tablespoon curry powder* elective, for taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder elective, however extremely really helpful
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper elective, for warmth
- Chopped recent chives or parsley elective, for garnish
- Place racks within the higher and decrease thirds of your oven. Preheat oven to 400 levels F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the egg white within the backside of a giant mixing bowl. Briskly whisk till it’s foamy.
- Lower potatoes into fry-shaped sticks which are about ¼- to ½-inch broad and 3-inches lengthy. Make the items as uniform as doable in order that the fries bake evenly. Place the fries within the bowl with the egg white as you go.
- Drizzle the fries with the oil.
- In a small bowl, stir collectively the curry powder, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne.
- Sprinkle the spices over the fries. Toss to coat the fries evenly. Attempt to get them to be as evenly moistened and seasoned as doable.
- Unfold the fries onto the baking sheets, dividing them evenly between every. Make sure that the fries are usually not crowded, or they are going to steam and never crisp up.
- Bake the candy potato fries for 20 minutes.
- Take away the pans from the oven, then flip the fries over (I like to recommend utilizing a big spatula—scoop the fries in large sections, then use a quick flip of your wrist).
- Rearrange the fries again right into a single layer to verify they don’t seem to be overlapping. If any appear like they’re browning too shortly, preserve these in direction of the middle or entrance of the baking sheet (the again of the oven tends to be the most well liked).
- Return the pans to the oven, switching their positions on the higher and decrease racks.
- Proceed baking till the fries are crisp and brown on the surface and tender on the within. The ends might look very darkish on a number of the fries, and also you’ll see lighter brown spots in a couple of locations. This can take about 10 to fifteen further minutes, relying in your oven and what dimension you narrow the fries.
- Take away from the oven. Sprinkle with a pinch of further salt. Serve instantly.
- Tailored from Run Quick Eat Gradual.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate leftover fries in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- TO REHEAT: Rewarm fries on a baking sheet within the oven at 350 levels F till sizzling.
- TO FREEZE: Lay the fries in a single layer on a baking sheet, and freeze till strong. Switch the fries to an hermetic freezer-safe storage container, and freeze for as much as 3 months. Reheat from frozen.
- *SEASONING NOTE: Don’t miss extra seasoning concepts for candy potato fries in the primary physique of the submit (above the recipe card).
Serving: 1(of 4)Energy: 267kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 5gFats: 7gSaturated Fats: 1gPotassium: 800mgFiber: 7gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 32216IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 75mgIron: 2mg
Be a part of right now and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.