I’m so excited to carry you fluffy, cozy, completely spiced gingerbread pancakes in your vacation morning brunch. I do know we aren’t all celebrating like we usually would, nevertheless it’s essential to nonetheless take a second to attach, get inventive and create one thing pleasant (and scrumptious!). These fluffy gingerbread pancakes made me so ridiculously joyful, particularly when drizzled with pure maple syrup and paired with a cup of espresso.
So right here’s what I need you to do: make your self a enjoyable brunch together with these pancakes (perhaps with a aspect of those turkey breakfast patties + crispy breakfast potatoes), throw on Residence Alone, The Grinch or Santa Claus, and sip one thing heat when you’re wrapped in a blanket. Take pleasure in your day. You should!
Now let’s get to the deliciousness…
What you’ll must make gingerbread pancakes
These more healthy gingerbread pancakes are full of scrumptious, cozy flavors with out utilizing any refined sugars. We’re holding them entire wheat but nonetheless oh so completely fluffy! Right here’s what you’ll want to make them:
- Flour: I used entire wheat pastry flour to present these pancakes a wholesome dose of entire grains.
- Baking staples: you’ll wish to add baking powder (not soda) to maintain these pancakes fluffy, and a little bit of salt & vanilla extract for taste.
- Cozy spices: we’re utilizing cinnamon, floor ginger and allspice to present these gingerbread pancakes that heat cozy style.
- Eggs: you’ll want one egg on this pancake recipe.
- Sweeteners: we’re utilizing some natural molasses and coconut sugar to naturally sweeten these gingerbread pancakes. Only a few tablespoons to get them completely flavored.
- Milk: be at liberty to make use of any milk you’d like (I normally use dairy free) so as to add moisture to the batter.
- Toppings & mix-ins: these fluffy gingerbread pancakes are scrumptious topped with pure maple syrup, whipped cream and even candied nuts! Be at liberty to combine in some nuts and even chocolate chips.
The magic + well being good thing about molasses
In the event you’ve by no means baked with molasses earlier than you’re in for a TREAT as a result of it’s:
- Naturally full of iron, vitamin B6, potassium, calcium and magnesium. In truth, do you know that 1 tablespoon of molasses has 20% of your day by day iron wants?
- Superb in baked items and even savory marinades, BBQ sauces and chilis!
- Excellent for making ginger cookies, gingerbread and at all times a vacation baking staple in my cabinet.
Suggestions for making gingerbread pancakes
Remember to get all of my suggestions & tips for making the very best pancakes (plus a video) right here! For the fundamentals, bear in mind these:
- When you’ve melted your coconut oil ensure it’s cool to the contact (not scorching) earlier than mixing it in with the opposite substances, in any other case it can coagulate the egg. You may as well be at liberty to make use of melted butter!
- Don’t overmix your batter! This can end in a gummy pancake texture.
- Cook dinner your pancakes over medium warmth in order that they prepare dinner evenly. In the event you flip your pancakes and they look like cooking too quick, be at liberty to cut back the temp to medium-low in order that they don’t burn.
The right way to hold pancakes heat
In the event you’re serving these for Christmas morning or a winter brunch, you possibly can really make these gingerbread pancakes forward of time and hold them heat within the oven! Merely place your oven at 200 levels F, add your pancakes to a baking sheet or oven-safe plate, and place them within the oven till you’re able to serve.
The right way to freeze pancakes
If you wish to make these more healthy gingerbread pancakes forward of time and serve them at a later date, you possibly can place the pancakes on a baking sheet so that they aren’t touching and place them within the freezer for half-hour (that is known as a flash freeze), then place them in freezer protected baggage or containers and freeze for as much as 3 months. As soon as able to reheat, merely add pancakes to a plate and microwave for 30-60 seconds or till heat.
Extra scrumptious pancake recipes
Get all of our superb waffle & pancake recipes right here!
I hope you’re keen on these straightforward, wholesome gingerbread pancakes! In the event you make them be sure you depart a remark & a score so I understand how you favored them. Take pleasure in, xo!
Fluffy Gingerbread Pancakes
Extremely fluffy gingerbread pancakes made with entire wheat flour, heat spices and deliciously candy molasses. These more healthy gingerbread pancakes are dairy free, completely spiced, oh so fluffy and the right vacation brunch!
- Dry substances:
entire wheat pastry flour or white entire wheat flour (or use all objective flour*)
- Moist substances:
non dairy milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
melted & cooled coconut oil or melted butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively entire wheat pastry flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and salt. Put aside.
- In a separate massive bowl, whisk collectively the egg, molasses, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Add dry substances to moist substances and blend with a spoon till simply mixed. Gently stir in melted coconut oil or melted butter. Don’t overmix the batter.
- Calmly coat a big nonstick skillet or griddle with coconut oil or butter and place over medium warmth. Drop batter by 1/3 cup onto skillet and unfold out a bit with a spoon if needed. Cook dinner till bubbles seem on prime, about 2 minutes.
- Flip desserts and prepare dinner till golden brown on underside, 2 minutes. Wipe the skillet clear and repeat with extra coconut oil (or butter) and remaining batter. You might want to cut back the warmth to medium low or low after the primary batch to stop burning. Serves 4, 2 pancakes every. High with butter and/or pure maple syrup.
*In the event you use all objective flour and discover that the pancake batter is just too skinny, be at liberty so as to add 1-2 tablespoon extra all objective flour.
Servings: 4 servings
Serving dimension: 2 pancakes
Saturated fats: 6.1g
This publish was initially printed on December thirteenth, 2020, and republished on December twenty second, 2021.