This 5-star Honey Garlic Hen is made within the sluggish cooker and is ideal for any weeknight meal. It’s kid-friendly and made with 5 easy substances.
This honey garlic rooster (crock pot) is a Match Foodie Finds reader favourite. So a lot of you may have made this dish time and time once more and we hope you like it!
Significantly the BEST Honey Garlic Hen
If you’re on the lookout for a easy, saucy, flavorful sluggish cooker rooster breast recipe, then you’ll swoon over this honey garlic rooster.
The honey garlic sauce for this recipe is flavorful, candy, and spicy all on the similar time and is made with simply 4 substances. The rooster is slow-cooked within the sauce, leaving it tremendous tender and saucy, the right topping on your grain of alternative.
We love that you just actually place the entire substances into the sluggish cooker raw (no have to sear in a skillet or pan) and let it do its magic!
5-Components You Want
You learn that appropriately, this superb sluggish cooker honey garlic rooster is made with solely 5 substances…and chances are high you have already got them in your pantry! Right here’s the line-up:
- Boneless skinless rooster breasts: we’re utilizing rooster breast, however you’re greater than welcome to make use of boneless skinless rooster thighs as an alternative.
- Minced garlic: you’re going to want 3 complete tablespoons of minced garlic. Belief us.
- Honey: we love that honey is an all-natural sweetener. Plus, it pairs fairly properly with soy sauce and garlic.
- Soy sauce (or tamari): soy sauce provides a fantastic savory taste and likewise has a good quantity of salt in it.
- Pink chili garlic sauce: need to add some warmth, however not an excessive amount of spice? A bit of crimson chili garlic sauce goes a good distance.
Earlier than You Begin This Recipe…
what does honey garlic rooster style like?
This honey garlic rooster recipe is the right mixture of candy and spicy. The honey balances out the chili sauce to make a sticky and scrumptious sauce.
Make sure that the rooster breasts have an inside temperature of 165ºF earlier than shredding the rooster after cooking.
What kind of rooster Do I take advantage of?
We use rooster breasts for this honey garlic rooster recipe. If you’re a darkish meat type of particular person, be happy to make use of rooster thighs (boneless or bone-in).
Simply be certain you test the temperature of the rooster thighs and take away the bones earlier than shredding the meat.
be certain you spray your sluggish cooker
We at all times suggest spraying your sluggish cooker earlier than cooking something for a protracted time frame to keep away from burning on the perimeters of your sluggish cooker.
Make Honey Garlic Hen Breast
It’s fairly easy. All it’s a must to do for this recipe is put all 5 substances right into a sluggish cooker, flip it on, and stroll away!
Temperature + Cook dinner Time
Excessive: 2-3 hours
Low: for 4-5 hours
- Make the sauce. You need to make the sauce in a separate bowl earlier than pouring it into the sluggish cooker. Why? You need to be sure the honey has dissolved into the opposite substances.
- Add the rooster breast. Spray the sluggish cooker with non-stick cooking spray after which add the rooster breasts to the sluggish cooker.
- Pour the sauce. Pour the sauce into the sluggish cooker over the rooster. Ensure the rooster is roofed within the sauce.
- Cook dinner the rooster. Cook dinner on excessive or on low.
- Shred the rooster. As soon as the rooster has an inside temperature of 165ºF shred the rooster with two forks.
- Optionally available thicken. Should you like a thicker sauce add 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch to round 1/4 cup sauce and whisk to mix. Then, pour it again into the sluggish cooker. Combine the rooster with the sauce, cowl the sluggish cooker, and let the sauce thicken.
- Serve over rice. Get pleasure from!
Should you want a sluggish cooker, we love our 7-qt. crock pot!
Honey Garlic Hen Immediate Pot Directions
- Place rooster breast and honey garlic sauce into your Immediate Pot.
- Cowl the Immediate Pot and prepare dinner on excessive stress for 8-10 minutes. Fast launch.
- Take away the rooster from the Immediate Pot and use 2 forks to shred.
- Thicken sauce by eradicating 1/4 cup of sauce and whisking it with 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch. Pour the sauce and shredded rooster again into the Immediate Pot and blend.
- Activate the sauté function and produce the sauce to a boil to activate the cornstarch.
- As soon as thickened, serve instantly.
What Goes with Honey Garlic Hen?
You’ll be able to simply flip this sluggish cooker rooster breast recipe into an incredible rooster meal prep by pairing it along with your favourite grain and stir-fried veggies.
Portion out a serving of honey garlic rooster with a cup of cooked grains and a cup of veggies.
a pair extra ingredient suggestions
Make it spicy
If you wish to make this honey garlic rooster any spicier, add crimson pepper flakes or a number of teaspoons (or a tablespoon in the event you’re a fire-breathing dragon!) of sriracha to the honey garlic sauce.
Add some crunch
Serve this honey garlic rooster with sesame seeds or chopped cashews for some further crunch.
Honey garlic rooster is an easy, but flavorful recipe made with rooster breasts, garlic, honey, and soy sauce, and somewhat chili garlic sauce for warmth.
Most honey garlic rooster recipes are delicate in spice, however you may add chili garlic sauce or sriracha to kick up the warmth.
Your honey garlic rooster will last as long as 5 days within the fridge.
Retailer Honey Garlic Hen
Retailer this honey garlic rooster in an air-tight container for 5-7 days within the fridge. We suggest retaining the honey garlic rooster separate from different substances (rice, veggies, and so on.).
Can I Make this a Freezer Meal?
This honey garlic rooster is a good freezer meal in case you are meal-prepping for your self or any family members.
- Create honey garlic sauce by mixing collectively minced garlic, honey, soy sauce and crimson chili garlic sauce till the honey has dissolved.
- Then, place the rooster breast right into a freezer-safe gallon-sized bag and pour sauce on high.
- Take away as a lot air from the bag as attainable and seal tightly.
- Freeze for as much as 3 months.
Need to discover ways to reheat this freezer meal? Take a look at how right here.
Finest Honey Garlic Hen (Crock Pot)
Make our sluggish cooker honey garlic rooster recipe with 5 easy substances. This rooster comes out so saucy and is really easy to make. Simply set it and neglect it in your sluggish cooker!
Cook dinner:6 hours
Complete:6 hours 10 minutes
- First, create your honey garlic sauce. Whisk collectively minced garlic, honey, soy sauce, and crimson chili garlic sauce un the honey has absolutely dissolved.
- Subsequent, place rooster breast onto the underside of your sluggish cooker. Then, pour the sauce over the rooster.
- Flip sluggish cooker to excessive and prepare dinner for 2-3 hours OR low and prepare dinner for 4-5 hours.
- As soon as your rooster is absolutely cooked (165ºF internally) and tender, take away the rooster from the sluggish cooker and use 2 forks to shred.
- Should you want to thicken the sauce, take away 1/4 cup of the liquid from the sluggish cooker and whisk in 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch till it dissolved. Then, pour that again into the sluggish cooker and blend till mixed.
- Then, add the rooster again into the crockpot and blend it with the sauce. Cowl and let prepare dinner for 10 extra minutes on excessive in order that the sauce can absolutely thicken.
- Serve along with your favourite grain and vegetable. High with sesame seeds and inexperienced onion.
Ideas & Notes
- Diet is only for the rooster.
- Cornstarch is non-obligatory, however your sauce shall be skinny in the event you don’t use it.
- This recipe was barely up to date on January 19, 2022. Nothing main was modified.
Energy: 214kcal Carbohydrates: 26g Protein: 25g Fats: 3g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 23g