Sharing the main points on my work at home workplace setup, plus my expertise with utilizing a strolling pad.
Hellooooo! How are ya and the way’s the morning going thus far? We’re again into actual life after our little journey and it felt good to have a number of days of normalcy. I’m so sick of restaurant and takeout meals, I inform ya. It’s additionally wonderful to have espresso at dwelling – Starbucks won’t ever be the identical to me.
This morning I’ve an thrilling podcast interview and am unpacking, and re-packing. 🙂 I’d love to listen to what you’re as much as!
For as we speak’s publish, I needed to share my little work at home setup, plus my expertise utilizing a strolling pad. It’s helped me dramatically improve my steps and exercise degree throughout longer work days, and I’m so pumped with this replace to the workplace!
My WFH (work at home) setup
My lil workplace area:
I’ve sufficient room in right here to meditate, work, stroll, or get in a fast exercise (like Sculpt Society).
Listed below are a number of the issues I’ve within the workplace:
– My beloved Peloton bike! Good for cardio exercises or shaking my legs out
– My PEMF Go Mat. I take advantage of this for meditation each morning, or after I really feel like I would like a recharge or Zen second. My full PEMF Go Mat assessment publish is right here, and if you happen to’d like one for your self, right here is the hyperlink! My code is FITNESSISTA15 for 15% off
– A regular desk. I like having this for shorter work periods or after I want to talk/current, like stay recordings, course recordings, and extra formal Zoom calls. The desk and chair are from World Market however each bought out, since they’re years previous.
– Triangle shelf (related right here) crammed with images and the ladies’ art work.
– On the other wall (unpictured), I even have this ebook shelf, which has a few of my health and vitamin sources and the Pilot’s army cash/flags/thingies.
TBH, I began to dread time within the workplace as a result of it often meant that I’d be sitting for hours. I’m certain a lot of you may relate, however after I sit for hours, I really feel horrible afterwards. My muscle tissues are creaky and my vitality degree plummets to the bottom.
As soon as I’m “within the zone,” it’s straightforward for me to get right into a time warp and work nonstop, however for longer duties, I undoubtedly must drive myself to do it. Having the strolling pad has made a WORLD of distinction. I don’t really feel daunted by massive duties (like watching a number of movies in a row) as a result of I’ve the prospect to maneuver whereas I’m doing it. I’ve additionally observed that my afternoon vitality is significantly better after I’m slowly strolling as an alternative of sitting for a very long time.
Some suggestions for utilizing a strolling pad with an electrical desk:
(and a number of the issues I’ve needed to be taught the laborious approach)
– Use footwear! This was a studying level for me as a result of I do just about every thing barefoot. The bottoms of my ft began to harm slightly, so I go away a pair of sneakers subsequent to the strolling pad. (I’m loving my Vivobarefoots proper now.)
– Add an extender to your Apple watch or your health band so you may connect to your ankle if monitoring steps is necessary to you.
– Watch your neck and modify the place of the desk as wanted. Ideally, our display screen needs to be according to our eyes. This isn’t reasonable after we’re typing, however if you happen to’re watching a video, attempt elevating the desk so that you don’t must bend your neck as a lot to view the display screen.
– Take breaks. It’s necessary to take display screen breaks whether or not you’re strolling or seated. Give your eyes an opportunity to relaxation, go exterior, or just look away from the display screen and in all instructions. (Clearly watch out if you happen to’re doing this whereas strolling lol.) I additionally prefer to put on my blue gentle blockers after I’m on screens after sundown, and throughout the day, I’ve f.lux on my laptop (which makes the display screen extra of a yellow hue so my retinas aren’t burning).
– Identical to the rest, work as much as it! I undoubtedly do NOT stroll for hours per day – and it’s not my aim as a result of I don’t need my physique to count on it – however I’m as much as the purpose the place I can stroll and kind for about an hour. Begin with 10-Quarter-hour and add on a bit every week till you attain your aim time. You may as well use it to interrupt up longer seated periods, like strolling for 5-10 minutes each hour.
So there ya go!
What’s your work setup like? Do you work from home, or at an workplace?
I had been exploring some coworking areas in Tucson to modify issues up a bit, however now that I’ve the strolling pad, I’ve been extra excited and motivated to work at home. 🙂 Additionally, we’ve fairly good espresso, snacks, and the cutest Sheepadoodle curled up at my ft.