We’re ringing in 2023 with an unbelievable snack recipe from my pal Nicole, who you in all probability acknowledge because the one & solely Kale Junkie. She’s the queen of kitchen hacks, fast and simple snacks, and nourishing, tremendous flavorful meals and I’ve been loving her recipes for years!
Nicole printed an exquisite cookbook, Like to Eat, which has 75 superb recipes centered on taste and intuitive consuming. Such an awesome guide for the brand new 12 months as she states “you can also discover freedom to eat the meals you like, with out guilt, and to reside your rattling life as soon as and for all.” Sure, please!
With out additional ado, say hey to those scrumptious tahini oat bars full of vitamins from oats, seeds, and dried fruit. They’re naturally sweetened with honey and have an epic chocolate topping as a result of we all know the whole lot is healthier with somewhat chocolate. These infants are simple to make (no meals processor required!), completely chewy, and make the BEST snack to maintain in your fridge or freezer. Ought to 2023 be the 12 months of do-it-yourself snacks? Completely.
Prep them for the week as 8 bigger bars or 16 smaller bites, and kick off the brand new 12 months sturdy!
Substances in these tahini oat bars
These unbelievable nut free bars are full of nourishing substances you’ll love. The oats, seeds, and cacao nibs give them the proper texture, and that beautiful chocolate topping makes them the last word deal with. Right here’s what you’ll have to make them:
- Oats: be at liberty to make use of common or gluten free rolled oats as the bottom for these bars.
- Dried figs: diced, dried figs give the bars little bites of sweetness and a chewy texture.
- Tahini: utilizing all pure tahini retains the bars nut free and helps them keep collectively.
- Honey: they’re additionally naturally sweetened with somewhat honey!
- Combine-ins: get a lift of fiber, protein, antioxidants, wholesome fat & omega-3s with chia seeds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds and cacao nibs. These mix-ins, plus the rolled oats additionally make these bars nice for breastfeeding mamas!
- Additional taste: don’t neglect the vanilla extract (discover ways to make it right here!), cinnamon, and sea salt.
- For the chocolate drizzle: you’ll additionally soften some dairy free chocolate chips with coconut oil to provide the bars a beautiful chocolate topping.
Searching for an additional increase of protein?
These tahini fig oat bars pack over 10g of protein, however be at liberty so as to add much more by mixing in 1-2 scoops of collagen peptides or unflavored protein powder!
Make these bars your personal
Simply customise these tahini oat bars to your style preferences! Listed below are some swaps that I believe would work properly:
- For the figs: be at liberty to make use of your favourite dried fruit like dried cranberries, cherries, and even chopped Medjool dates.
- For the tahini: should you’d like to make use of a unique nut or seed butter I’d advocate an all pure cashew butter to take care of the flavour of the recipe.
- For the mix-ins: should you solely have a few the mix-ins available, be at liberty to double up. For instance, you’ll be able to simply swap the hemp seeds with extra chia seeds, and many others.
Can I make them vegan?
Be happy to swap the honey for maple syrup, date syrup, or coconut palm syrup, and bear in mind to make use of dairy free chocolate chips to maintain these bars vegan.
Scrumptious tahini oat bars in 5 easy steps
- Prep your pan. Begin by lining an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper in order that the bars don’t stick.
- Combine the bars. Add the entire substances for the bars to a massive bowl (besides the chocolate) and blend till properly mixed.
- Set the bars. Pour your combination into the ready baking pan and place them within the fridge to harden.
- Make the drizzle. Soften the chocolate chips and coconut oil collectively within the microwave, then pour over the refrigerated bars. Place them again within the fridge for an hour in order that they set.
- Slice & take pleasure in! As soon as the chocolate has set, take away the bars from the pan, slice them into 8 or 16 bars, and luxuriate in.
- Within the fridge: retailer these tahini fig oat bars in an hermetic container or a freezer-safe bag within the fridge for as much as 1 week.
- Within the freezer: be at liberty to maintain the bars in a freezer-safe bag in your freezer for as much as 1 month. Should you do maintain them in your freezer, be sure you go away them out on the counter for a couple of minutes earlier than serving in order that they soften up a bit.
Extra no bake snacks you’ll love
Get all of my no bake snacks right here!
I hope you like these no bake tahini fig oat bars! Should you make them be sure you go away a remark and a ranking so I understand how you appreciated them. Take pleasure in, xo!
Nicole’s No Bake Tahini-Fig-Oat Bars
Prep Time 1 hour 45 minutes
Nutrient-dense tahini oat bars full of chia seeds, hemp seeds, and rolled oats, naturally sweetened with dried figs and honey. These simple no bake bars are full of fiber and protein to maintain you full and glad. Prime with a decadent chocolate drizzle and benefit from the good snack or deal with straight from the fridge!
- For the bars:
- 1 ½
gluten free or common rolled oats
dried figs, diced small
tahini, at room temperature
- 1 to 2
scoops collagen peptides or unflavored protein powder (optionally available)
- For the chocolate drizzle:
dairy free darkish chocolate chips
- Line an 8 by 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. One of the best ways to do that is to rub somewhat little bit of oil on the within of the pan so the parchment sticks.
- To make the bars: In a big bowl, mix the oats, figs, tahini, honey, cacao nibs, chia seeds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and collagen peptides and blend till the whole lot is coated properly.
- Pour the batter into the ready pan, utilizing a spatula to ensure it’s unfold evenly. Place the pan within the fridge for half-hour.
- To make the drizzle: Soften the chocolate chips and oil. You probably have a microwave, place the chocolate chips and oil in a small microwave-safe bowl and warmth in two or three 30-second intervals, mixing collectively in between intervals. Should you don’t have a microwave, soften the chocolate and oil collectively in a double boiler on the range high.
- As soon as the chocolate and oil are melted and are good and easy, take away the pan from the fridge and pour the drizzle on high. Return the pan to the fridge for 1 hour so the chocolate units and the bars harden.
- When able to slice, raise the parchment paper to take away the bars from the pan and place it on a flat floor. Slice into eight bars for bigger items or sixteen squares for smaller items. Retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 1 week.
Servings: 8 servings
Serving dimension: 1 bar (primarily based on 8)
Saturated fats: 5.9g