Surya Namaskar Ek, Fayde Anekh. In Surya Namaskar, Surya refers to “the solar,” and Namaskar means “bowing down in respect.” This has been the most well-liked yogic kriyas for a lot of many years now, because it combines 12 yoga asanas in a yogic sequence.
Working towards Surya Namaskar day by day helps in balancing three constituents of your physique, i.e., Kapha, Pitta, and Vata, which can provide help to lead your life in a better manner and affect your creativity and intuitive skills. It’s easy but highly effective poses are what make it attainable for folks of all age teams to carry out it, anytime, anyplace
Sorts of Surya Namaskar
Over the centuries, Surya Namaskar has advanced, and its poses have differed into varied kinds and variations. Furthermore, that is one yogic kriya that by no means diminished however has solely expanded. In actuality, Surya Namaskar is built-in into varied kinds of yoga kinds.
Let’s check out them within the part under:
1. Ashtanga Surya Namaskar: Within the Ashtanga Surya Namaskar sequence, solar salutations have two types. -Sort A and B. Sort A consists of 9 Vinyasas and kind B consists of seventeen vinyasas.
2. Hatha Surya Namaskar: It’s carried out by the 12 spinal poses, which places deep emphasis on respiration prominently. It is among the mostly practiced Surya Namaskar kinds and presumably the best one.
3. Iyengar Surya Namaskar: Iyengar Surya Namaskar is much like the Hatha follow, however right here the main target is a bit more on tempo and power, whereby, it’s carried out at a faster tempo than different Surya Namaskar sorts.
Shalika’s Unbelievable Weight Loss Journey – Misplaced 38 kgs in 12 Months
Chat with us to get began in your well being and health journey >> https://hlfy.me/YT_Video
How To Do Surya Namaskar – Hatha Model
On this part let’s spend a while exploring the 12 basic poses of conventional Hatha Surya Namaskar.
Pose 1 – Prayer pose (Pranamasana)
- Begin by standing straight on the entrance of your mat, bringing your toes collectively, and conserving arms unfastened alongside.
- Now, shut your eyes and produce your palms to fulfill within the middle of your chest. Calm down the entire physique.
- This pose relaxes the nervous system and helps enhance stability. It additionally helps relieve stress and anxiousness.
Pose 2 – Raised arms pose (Hasta Uttanasana)
- Hasta Uttanasana is began by exhaling deeply
- Inhale deeply thereafter, stretching your arms ahead and bringing them up over your head.
- Lookup and stretch the physique barely backward by pushing your pelvis ahead.
- Breathe out. (Deal with breathing-in whenever you arch backward, and as you bend ahead breathe-out.)
- Stretches and tones the muscle mass of the stomach.
- Expands the entire physique from heel to the tip of the fingers.
Pose 3 – Hand to Foot Pose (Hasta Padasana)
- Exhale and begin to fold ahead and all the way down to the knees; as you come ahead, preserve the backbone lengthy.
- Fingers down on the ground, have simply your fingertips touching the ground.
- Bend the knees simply sufficient so your chest can relaxation in opposition to the thighs, and your head touches your knee. Maintain this place for a number of seconds.
- It stretches the backbone and makes it versatile.
- It additionally stretches the hamstrings and strengthens the legs, shoulders, and arms muscle mass.
Pose 4: Equestrian pose – Ashwa Sanchalanasana
- Subsequent, step your proper leg again, placing simply the knee down and comfortably tucking the toes underneath.
- On the identical time bend the left knee leaving the foot flat on the ground.
- Press the fingertips or palms all the way down to the ground, roll the shoulders again, and slowly lookup.
- Strengthens the leg muscle mass and backbone.
- Relieves in indigestion and constipation.
Pose 5 – Mountain pose (Parvatasana)
- Slowly exhale, having management carry your palms onto the ground and stepping the left foot again beside the proper, elevate your hips up into the air.
- Lengthening by your backbone, carry the shoulders in direction of the ankles. Take a number of breaths.
- It improves posture and calms the thoughts.
Pose 6 – Ashtanga Namaskara
- As you exhale, bend your knees to the bottom, conserving your toes curled underneath, come down whereas pushing your head ahead on the ground.
- Hold your elbows proper in in opposition to your sides; providing you with extra energy.
- Now, as you construct extra energy on this transition, you may decrease the chest down whereas conserving your hip and stomach up within the air.
- It improves the flexibleness of the again and backbone.
- Strengthens the again muscle and relieves construct up stress.
Your eight physique chin, chest, each toes, each knees and each arms are labored in a single pose.
Pose 7 – Cobra pose (Bhujangasana)
- Hold arms and toes proper the place they’re. And inhale.
- Slide ahead and lift your chest like a cobra.
- Roll the shoulders again, Hold your elbows bent, and squeeze them again in direction of one another.
- Slowly lookup.
- It improves flexibility and temper.
- It stretches the shoulders, chest, again, leg muscle mass, abruptly.
Pose 8 – Mountain pose (Parvatasana)
- When you exhale, tuck the toes underneath. (identical as pose 5)
- Press again to an inverted V place, lengthening by the backbone, bringing the shoulders in direction of the ankles. Take a number of breaths right here. As you exhale, elevate the hips in direction of the sky and press your arms into the bottom.
- It will increase the blood movement to the spinal area.
It strengthens the muscle mass of the legs and arms.
Pose 9 – Equestrian pose (Ashwa Sanchalanasana)
- Deliver the left foot forwards between the arms, and push the pelvis forwards. Elevate the torso and tilt the pinnacle again, arching the again and searching as much as the sky (identical as pose 4).
- Brings flexibility to leg muscle mass and tones deep core muscle mass.
- Strengthens the backbone.
Pose 10: Hand to foot pose – Hasta Padasana.
- Exhale, preserve the proper foot in entrance, bringing the legs collectively (identical as pose 3).
- Bend the knees simply sufficient so your chest can relaxation in opposition to the thighs, and your head touches your knee.
It improves blood circulation, stretches physique muscle mass and makes the backbone extra versatile.
Pose 11 – Raised Arms Pose (Hasta Uttanasana)
- Inhale deeply thereafter stretching your arms ahead and bringing them up over your head (identical as pose 2)
- Lookup and stretch the physique barely backward by pushing your pelvis ahead.
- Breathe out.
- It improves respiratory perform, decrease again ache, and fatigue. It additionally aids digestion.
- Expands the chest, which ends up in a full consumption of oxygen.
Pose 12 – Standing Mountain pose (Tadasana)
- Then, ultimately, exhale and are available again to the prayer place (identical as pose 1).
- Deliver your arms down, sluggish and regular.
- Strengthens thighs, knees, and ankles and improves posture.
- Tone your hips and stomach and enhance agility and blood circulation.
These 12 poses when practiced make up for one cycle of Surya Namaskar. Ideally, doing 12-15 cycles a day will get you all the advantages required by the physique, conserving you match and wholesome for a greater tomorrow.
- Stability of Dosha: Pita, Kapha, and Vata are three doshas that may exit of stability resulting from varied causes. It’s majorly affected by the climate, meals, on a regular basis unhealthy actions, stress at work, and depreciated sleep. Nonetheless, you may preserve your dosha according to practising Surya Namaskar day by day.
- Weight-loss Booster: Merely stretching the stomach muscle mass will definitely make you lose further energy by Surya namaskar. It additionally manages the hormonal secretions from thyroid glands which might be chargeable for weight achieve.
- Improves psychological well being: Surya Namaskar has a fantastic significance to strengthen their focus and loosen up their minds whereas decreasing sleepiness, somatic stress, fear, and adverse feelings. It could assist to revitalize the mind by participating the spinal twine. A day by day 15-minute follow can reap nice outcomes for the mind.
The HealthifyMe Word
Surya Namaskara is an influence packed follow the place every of the 12 steps have their very own advantages. It’s best performed at dawn on an empty abdomen. Other than its bodily advantages, it reduces stress and revitalizes you.
The bodily advantages of Surya Namaskar are a lot. This 12 posture yogic kriya lubricates all of the joints of your physique by synchronizing along with your breath providing you with higher bodily well being and psychological focus. The common follow of 12 rounds of Surya Namaskar not solely offers you huge advantages that allow you to uncover who you’re but additionally retains your physique wholesome and match from the within out!
Disclaimer: The aim of this text is simply to disperse data and unfold consciousness. It doesn’t intend to interchange medical recommendation by professionals. For additional data please contact our licensed nutritions Right here.
Continuously Requested Questions (FAQs)
Q. What are the 12 steps of Surya Namaskara?
Surya Namaskar begins with Pranamasana (Prayer Pose), adopted by Hasta Uttanasana (Raised Arm Pose), then Hasta Padasana (Hand to Foot Pose), Parvatasana (Mountain Pose), Ashtanga Namaskara (Eight Limbed Pose), Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose), then once more Parvatasana (Mountain Pose), Ashwa Sanchalanasana (Equestrian Pose), Hasta Padasana (Hand to Foot Pose), Hasta Uttanasana (Raised Arm Pose) and eventually Tadasana (Standing Mountain Pose).
Q. What number of Surya Namaskara ought to be performed in a day?
If you’re a newbie, keep on with doing it 4 or 5 instances on a regular basis. You’ll be able to enhance the variety of units as you follow. Nonetheless, in the event you really feel any discomfort or ache, seek the advice of a physician instantly.
Q. What are the advantages of Surya Namaskara?
Common follow of surya namaskar will be useful to you in plenty of methods. It could provide help to shed pounds, strengthen and tone your muscle mass and joints, enhance digestive functioning, enhance respiratory well being and handle stress.
Q. Can I lose 10 kgs with Surya Namaskara?
Sure, it could possibly provide help to shed pounds however regularly. Shedding 2 kilos a month is known as a wholesome weight reduction timeline. As 1 surya namaskar makes you lose 13.90 energy. Nonetheless, solely relying on it to shed pounds just isn’t supreme. There are a selection of things that may collectively provide help to healthily shed pounds, like a balanced weight-reduction plan, higher sleep cycle, lesser stress and so forth.
Q. Which is the very best time to do Surya Namaskar?
Surya Namaskar will be practiced any time of the day. Nonetheless, dawn is taken into account the perfect time because the morning solar refreshes your physique and thoughts.
- A Complete Examine On Impact Of Surya Namaskar On Cardio-respiratory Endurance
- Insights on Surya namaskar from its origin to software in direction of well being
Our Evaluation Course of
Your entire overview course of entails ranges of screening and analysis by environment friendly teams of writers, editors and accredited medical specialists. With the goal to ascertain long-lasting wholesome life-style habits, we’re dedicated to writing concurrent, medically backed and evidence-based articles. Learn extra
Reviewed By – Shamlee Pathare, Masters in Yoga Remedy
Medically Reviewed By: Dr Poonam Sharma
Final Up to date by: Sumita Thomas (Date: April 9, 2023)