Air fryer Brussels sprouts are a straightforward fall facet dish. Serve these plain or sauced with honey miso for a roasted vegetable recipe that’s savory and barely candy and prepared in about quarter-hour!
Making Brussels sprouts within the air fryer is a recipe for a crispy outdoors and completely tender heart. It would be best to eat them as is – heat, straight from the basket. And that’s simply fantastic!
However if you happen to make it to the honey miso saucing a part of the recipe, you’ll be glad you probably did.
These Brussels sprouts are excellent on a veggie plate, served as a facet for fish or hen, or on high of a flatbread. I’ve additionally included the oven instructions and totally different seasoning concepts to make this recipe your personal.
In case you are heating up the oven, make my simple roasted cabbage wedges too.
Contemporary Brussels sprouts. It will likely be troublesome if not attainable to get a crispy end utilizing frozen Brussels sprouts. They style greatest in fall and winter and are additionally cheaper when in season.
Avocado, olive or grapeseed oil. An important factor is ensuring your oil is recent. Give it a sniff to ensure it nonetheless scent items and also you don’t discover any off flavors or odors.
Honey. The honey helps tone down the bitterness of the greens. You may also sub maple syrup or whisk in brown sugar for a vegan recipe. Combining honey with miso makes for a savory and s
White Miso Paste. Miso is a standard ingredient in Japanese cooking. It’s made from fermented soybeans and provides a savory taste to a wide range of dishes. You need to use it to make broth, soup, as the bottom for sauce and in a glaze for Sheet Pan Maple Miso Salmon and Broccoli.
Seasonings. Salt, pepper, and garlic are final analysis seasonings. The honey miso sauce provides many of the taste for this recipe.
Learn how to choose Brussels sprouts
Brussels sprouts are in season within the fall and winter. Sure. You should purchase within the grocery store all 12 months lengthy. However they style greatest through the cooler months. And they’re additionally cheaper throughout that point.
Select ones which can be brilliant inexperienced versus yellowing and people with little to no bruising or black spots – which may all be indicators of age. The leaves ought to seem recent – not dried out.
Brussels sprouts are hardy. They may preserve within the fridge at the very least per week within the fridge and doubtless longer relying on how recent they’re whenever you get them.
Hold them dry. The secret is eradicating any extra water. So if you are going to buy them with condensation or clinging water from the market, you’ll want to dry them fully earlier than placing in a bag or bin for storage.
Brussels sprouts are excessive in fiber, vitamin C and vitamin Okay.
Like different cabbages, Brussels sprouts are recognized for his or her excessive phytonutrient content material to assist preserve our cells wholesome.
Finest approach to minimize Brussels sprouts
To organize Brussels sprouts for air frying or roasting, it’s necessary to chop them into roughly the identical dimension for even cooking.
First, snip off the stem finish to take away any powerful, woody stem items that will be laborious to eat. Then, slice smaller, child Brussels sprouts in half and bigger ones in quarters.
Brussels sprouts might be present in normal and smaller (child) dimension. I like child Brussels for fast cooking. Both will work for this recipe – simply ensure that they’re about the identical dimension going into the air fryer.
You need to use the air fryer, a toaster oven, or the common oven to make this recipe. I just like the air fryer for the quickest end, most even roasting and you’ll normally use rather less oil than if within the oven.
As soon as executed, it’s time so as to add the sauce or your favourite seasonings. Serve these immediately to benefit from the crispy texture.
Utilizing frozen Brussels sprouts
Although I’ve used frozen Brussels within the common oven for roasting, I don’t suggest utilizing frozen greens for this recipe. Contemporary is greatest on this case in order that the ultimate recipe doesn’t end up soggy.
Suggestions for achievement
- Add one thing candy. Brussels sprouts might be bitter. Including maple syrup, honey or a little bit of brown sugar can assist improve the flavour making them so significantly better tasting.
- Minimize the Brussels sprouts into evenly-sized items for even cooking.
- Don’t overload the air fryer basket. Unfold right into a single layer and go away sufficient room for the air to flow into. Work in batches in case you have a smaller air fryer. Piling on an excessive amount of meals will stop them from getting crispy.
- Take pleasure in immediately. This recipe is greatest loved the identical day whereas it’s nonetheless heat. However you possibly can reheat within the microwave or use room temperature leftovers in different methods the subsequent day. Strive including to a roasted vegetable salad or flatbread pizza.
- Experiment with totally different seasonings. You need to use the honey miso sauce I’ve shared within the recipe beneath, sprinkle with garlic and parmesan and a squeeze of lemon juice, or just season with salt, pepper and additional virgin olive oil.
If you happen to don’t have an air fryer, no worries! You possibly can simply make this recipe within the oven. Merely place the sliced Brussels sprouts on a sheet pan in a good layer and roast in a preheated 425°F oven and roast about quarter-hour, turning them over midway for even colour. You possibly can go away them minimize facet down during the prepare dinner time for deeper caramelization on that facet if you happen to want. As soon as executed, choose up on the level of tossing within the honey miso sauce.
For a unique taste profile, strive my Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts recipe. The balsamic honey glaze provides a candy contact making it an ideal choose for fall and winter.
Are you able to reheat Brussels sprouts?
Brussels sprouts are greatest eaten immediately. That is true for something within the cabbage household – from broccoli and cauliflower to collard greens. However sure. You need to use a wire rack and pop them right into a scorching oven or the air fryer for five minutes to reheat.
Concepts for the leftovers
You may also embrace the softer texture and use them on a winter or fall salad. Swap it in for different roasted greens in a breakfast hash or add them to pizza or flatbread with a sprinkle of parmesan and walnuts!
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Honey Miso Dressing
Straightforward air fryer Brussels sprouts for a easy fall facet dish. Dressed with a candy, savory honey miso sauce this recipe is prepared in about quarter-hour!
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon avocado or different impartial oil
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt plus extra for topping
- ¼ teaspoon recent cracked black pepper
Honey Miso Sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon avocado or different impartial oil
- 2 tablespoon honey brown sugar for vegan recipe
- 2 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon scorching water plus extra if wanted
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed purple chili flakes or a beneficiant sprint of scorching sauce
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- toasted sesame seeds (non-compulsory)
- Preheat the air fryer for five minutes at 400°F.
- Use a chef’s knife to chop off the basis finish of the Brussels sprouts. Then slice in half lengthwise (quarter if the sprouts are very massive). In a big bowl, toss the halved Brussels sprouts with 1 tablespoon oil, ¼ teaspoon every salt and pepper.
Place the seasoned sprouts within the pre-heated air fryer basket in a single layer. Work in batches if wanted. Cook dinner at 400°F for five minutes. * Make the sauce in the mean time (see subsequent step).*Shake. Cook dinner 5 extra minutes. Take pleasure in heat, sprinkled with further salt, parmesan and black pepper if desired.
- In a big bowl, whisk all components for the honey miso sauce. Put aside.
For oven roasting:
Preheat the oven to 425°F. As soon as the Brussels sprouts are halved and seasoned, place in a single layer on a sheet pan with the minimize facet down for optimum caramelization and taste. Bake within the preheated oven for quarter-hour, turning midway. Whisk the sauce in a big bowl whereas they roast. Toss the roasted Brussels sprouts within the sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve.
Extra Suggestions for Success
Minimize the Brussels sprouts into evenly-sized items for even cooking.
Take pleasure in immediately. This recipe is greatest loved the identical day whereas it’s nonetheless heat. However you possibly can reheat within the microwave or use room temperature leftovers in different methods the subsequent day. Strive including to a roasted vegetable salad or flatbread pizza.
Experiment with totally different seasonings. You need to use the honey miso sauce I’ve shared within the recipe, sprinkle with garlic and parmesan and a squeeze of lemon juice, or just season with salt, pepper and additional virgin olive oil and a drizzle of maple syrup.
* Get this full recipe, ideas and extra at marisamoore.com *
Energy: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 5g | Fats: 10g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 6g | Sodium: 597mg | Potassium: 466mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 862IU | Vitamin C: 96mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 2mg