We’re large pancake followers over right here at Kelly Jones Diet. You’ll discover quite a lot of pancake recipes on the weblog together with these extremely simple and fluffy ones, these pumpkin pancakes with spiced apple topping, these vegan buckwheat pancakes, and naturally, the almond banana pancake recipe beneath!
With loads of carbs and only a contact of protein, fiber, and fats, this recipe makes for an incredible pre-workout breakfast. Whether or not you’re feeding the entire fam, fueling for a Sunday exercise, or meals prepping to make breakfast and pre-workout snacks simpler for the week forward, these almond banana pancakes gained’t disappoint.
Almond Banana Pancakes Pre-Exercise
I first printed my almond banana pancakes again in June 2014. We made them usually again then, earlier than I created my buckwheat oat pancakes and began making them virtually each Sunday. This previous weekend I used to be reminded of this recipe although, and the way once we have been coaching for the Nantucket triathlon, it was the one full breakfast Tim was capable of eat and nonetheless really feel superb coaching a few hours later. Even if he seemingly digests tremendous rapidly more often than not, he by no means needs to eat breakfast with me earlier than a weekend exercise and opts for an RX bar, sq. bar, or home made vitality bar as a substitute, saying he’ll really feel too full.
As a result of these pancakes are carbohydrate-rich with out an excessive amount of protein and fats, they’re comparatively simple to digest earlier than a exercise and will sit higher than different widespread breakfast meals. For those who’re not used to consuming in any respect earlier than a exercise or are susceptible to exercise-induced GI misery, begin small and work your self as much as a bigger portion. Understand that your physique wants carbs to gas your exercise and it’s attainable to enhance your carbohydrate tolerance each earlier than and through exercises by regularly growing consumption over time.
For those who’re having fun with pancakes post-workout attempt these chocolate protein pancakes that present enough protein for muscle restoration, or pair any of our different pancake recipes with an extra protein supply like scrambled eggs.
Vegan Almond Banana Pancake Elements & Toppings
Using soy milk and flax eggs makes this recipe vegan and dairy-free. The almond flour paired with the wheat flour provides some wholesome fats to make these extra filling for you if you happen to don’t slather nut butter in your pancakes like me, and go for syrup as a substitute. For those who’re gluten free, substituting buckwheat flour or a cup-for-cup gluten free flour mix for the entire wheat flour would possible work nicely. Along with sliced banana and a few 85% darkish chocolate chips, I extremely advocate some unsweetened shredded coconut to high off these almond banana pancakes.
Oh, and bonus tip: if you happen to’re in a rush, make an on-the-go pancake taco by throwing a banana within the center, topping together with your favourite nut or seed butter, folding, and heading out the door! I’m all about aware consuming, however I’m extra about consuming than not consuming, too.
For those who’re cooking for a household, double the recipe and freeze the remaining for weekday breakfast or pre-workout snacks!
Almond Banana Pancakes
Whether or not you want a enjoyable breakfast that feeds your complete fam, otherwise you’re meals prepping for the week forward, these fluffy almond banana pancakes will not disappoint!
- 1 1/2 cups (180 grams) complete wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) almond flour/meal
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp floor flax blended w/ 5 tbsp heat water)
- 2 1/4 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk (I exploit soy for added protein)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana sliced, then quartered
- 1/4 cup darkish chocolate chips elective
- Combine collectively all of the dry substances in a big bowl.
- In one other bowl, combine all the moist substances collectively.
- Add dry to the moist and stir simply till you may have a easy consistency.
- Add the chopped banana in final, folding in and never over mixing.
- For those who’re including chocolate chips fold them in with the banana, or add them as soon as the batter has been poured into the pan.
- Pour a half cup at a time onto a forged iron or non stick pan over low-medium warmth (Nearer to medium on my fuel range. You must know your personal pans nicely sufficient to find out whether or not or not they want a really fast spray of cooking spray*).
- When you begin to see bubbles type on high, flip the pancake. After about 1 minute it’s best to have the ability to take away from warmth.
- Repeat till you’ve used all the batter, and freeze additional pancakes for later.